Crazy Characters Workshop
Duration: 1 hour
Number of students: max 60
Ages: years K-6
Sarah will show students how to create expressive animal characters with real personality.
- collaborative drawing games to break the ice and get students warmed up
- Sarah will talk about how she creates characters for her books, and give students tips and tricks for drawings expressions and emotions convincingly.
Workshop Component: Best Friends Forever
Students work in pairs to develop and draw a pair of unlikely best friends, and create a story about their relationship.
As a group, students invent a story about an animal character, and direct Sarah while she produces a ten minute pastel drawing, which will be donated to the school.
Students will need:
- A sharp pencil and an eraser
- A3 paper
- Clipboard, deskspace or floorspace to lean on.
Sarah will need:
- A smartboard or dataprojector with sound
- A microphone
- A whiteboard
- A private room/library/hall with space for students to spread out and draw
It helps for students to be familiar with Sarah's books - please read them with your students if you have a chance.